Today (Tues Feb 20th) is Pancake Day.
Below is a recipe from Foods For Life for a Vegan pancake recipe:
Basic sweet Pancakes Â©
– 1 mug of organic self raising flour
– 1 mug of fortified Rice Milk or apple sweetened soya milk or Quinoa milk
– 1 dessertspoon of arrowroot
– 1 dessertspoon coconut oil
– 1 tablespoon of fructose (or Xylitol )
– 1 lime.
– 1 Lemon
– Agarve syrup for drizzling
– 1 Punnet of strawberries, frozen blueberries or raspberries
1) Blend together flour, arrowroot and milk with 3 teaspoons of Lemon juice.
2) In a very hot non stick frying pan put a dribble of coconut oil and enough mix to barely cover the bottom of the pan. Swirl the mix around in the pan to get an even thickness.
3) Wait for bubbles to rise and the mix to start to set. Then toss (or flip) and cook the other side.
Serve with squeeze of lime, a drizzle of agarve syrup, your favourite berries and sprinkle of fructose sugar. ( if you are on a weight loss plan try a lower carb sugar such as Xylitol )
There are lots more variations such as chocolate and savoury on the site. Go to: