The release of Kate Nash’s single gave me a poor excuse to add to the recipe and jukebox categories:
(Kate’s very own) PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE:
1 x large pumpkin, cut into chunks
2 x cloves of garlic, chopped
1 x medium red chilli pepper, chopped
1 x can coconut milk or cream
Lots of fresh coriander leaves
Salt and pepper
1. Cut the pumpkin into quarters so they are a manageable size to work with. Scoop out the seeds and remove the skin.
2. Chop the flesh into small chunks and cook in boiling water until soft.
3. Meanwhile, add chilli, garlic, half the coriander, salt and pepper to a blender and whiz until well blended.
4. When the pumpkin is soft, drain the cooking water but reserve it. Put the pumpkins into the blender with the chilli mix and blend.
5. Put the mixture back into a saucepan, add the coconut milk and simmer. if it is too thick, add some of the reserved cooking water.
6. Serve in large bowls and add the remaining chopped coriander.
» Link to video