Here’s an Italian creation..err… created by a Swede who lives in Tuscany. As you will see Ilva’s recipe is very quick and simple to make, and as you will see from the photographs on her site it looks very scrumptious.
SHALLOW PUFF PASTRY PIE WITH ONIONS, TOMATOES AND OLIVES
- Puff pastry
- Small fat and flat onions
- Small sweet tomatoes
- Olive paste
- Extra virgin olive oil
– Clean the onions and divide them in two before braising them slowly in some olive oil until soft.
– Roll out the puff pastry to the size and form you want, a good idea is to make several portion sized ones. Turn up or fold the edges all around.
– Spread out a thin layer of olive paste over the puff pastry, place the onions and the small tomatoes on top and then add a little fresh rosemary.
– Bake in a pre-heated oven (175°C/347°F) until golden and crisp.
» You can find more at: http://lucullian.blogspot.com/